Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Communication & Theatre
Just from $13/Page
Now that you’ve given Introductory, Informative, Persuasive and Tribute Speeches, you are now very competent in understanding what characterizes an excellent speech. For this assignment, you are going to research and prepare a typed written outline and a PPT or Prezi Presentation for a 6-7 minute Extemporaneous Informative Speech analyzing a well-presented, documented speech by someone that you respect and admire, and for whom you can find a video and/or recording of their speech, using the following 5 Criteria:
- Topic and Audience: Approach and Analysis: How well did the speaker relate and connect to his or her audience? What was the thesis of the speech?
- Content: Did the speaker use supporting facts, statistics, stories and testimony? Give examples.
- Structure: Talk about the speaker’s Structure: Introduction, Body, Conclusion-what was effective and memorable?
- Language: What types of language did the speaker use to motivate the audience and keep the audience’s attention?
- Delivery: Describe the physical and emotional contexts of the speaker’s delivery. Why was the speaker so powerful?
Please note that, for this Final Speech, you are not required to record or tape your presentation. Your grade will be based upon your outline and your PPT or Prezi presentation.
The following are excellent sources to find appropriate speeches:
Final Speech Presentation Due Dates:
- The Final Speech Outline, Presentation and Link to the video of the speech you are analyzing are due no later than 11:59 pm on Monday, November 30th.
- Please let Professor Conkling know what your Final Speech Topic is no later than Monday, November 16th.
- Please reach out to Professor Conkling if you have any questions or need any clarification about this Final Speech Assignment.
- Feel free to be creative in your choice of speech! It could be an Informative, Persuasive or Tribute-based speech. The presenter can be a famous political person, someone from entertainment, sports and media, etc. Choose a person and speech about which you are enthusiastic.