Thesis: Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers (ISP) must treat all Internet communications equally. The loss of net neutrality will give ISPs the opportunity to intentionally block, slow down, or charge money for online content. ISPs will also be allowed to prioritize different types of internet traffic and potentially even block it.
- With net neutrality
- ISPs may not intentionally
- Slow down
- Charge money for specific online content
- UK’s Digital Economy Act
- Demand that websites host identity verification
- Forces ISPs to block sites that do not comply
- Removal of net neutrality laws
- Would allow ISPs to open peer-to -peer file sharing websites
- Invasion of privacy
- Free access to certain sites
- States government should propose their net neutrality protections/regulations
- Getting government to treat the internet like a utility
- Create a net neutrality plan
- “Restoring Internet Freedom”
- The loss of net neutrality will affect internet users significantly because it would give ISPs the opportunity to control your history and what you are allowed to see.
- Without net neutrality, ISPs may prioritize certain types of traffic, meter others, or potentially block traffic from specific services, while charging consumers for various tiers of service.
- Conclusion: Call to Action/ Restate solutions
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page