Critically evaluate a food- or nutrition-related advertisement. The advertisement can be
from television, magazine, newspaper, or internet. You may use the Internet to research
the product being sold. Be sure to include the following in your paper:
1. How the advertisement attempts to influence food choices.
2. What audience is being targeted?
3. What attributes of the product are emphasized?
4. What mechanism is used to hold your attention?
5. How factual is the information?
6. What is used to lend credibility to advertiser’s claims?
7. What part of the truth remains undisclosed?
8. How effective is the advertisement?
The report should be 2-3 pages of 12-pt double-spaced text with 1”-margins. Also include a copy of
the advertisement if it came from a magazine or newspaper.