Edition) by John Belton (ISBN: 0073514292) （I cannot provide the book）
Also need to reference the text book.（I will tell you the chapter when you choose the prompt，then you can reference it）
Choose one prompt and write a 4-5 page paper, double spaced. Spelling, organization and structure counts, but depth of analysis is more important. Use specific examples from the film(s) you choose to analyze as well as quotes from the related critical articles.
Please use MLA formatting and style. Include a works cited page and be sure to cite all sources in your writing. If you have questions about how to do this, please see me before or after class.
It is highly suggested that you re-view the film before you write your paper. Describe what you see and hear on screen that is evidence for your assertions. Don’t simply state your opinion without showing moments/examples from the film that confirm your statements. Secondary sources (critical articles) are posted on Canvas. Use these articles to deepen your analysis. Use quotes from the articles to support your ideas.
1) Discuss how the production code of 1934 influenced the content of screwball comedies, specifically analyzing Frank Capra’s “It Happened One Night” through the code. Use specific scenes as examples of how the code made Capra create sexual tension between the characters in non-sexual ways. Use the readings on Canvas, and/or other readings you find online, to support your paper. Be sure to list some of the specific rules of the code and then show how these scenes got around these rules.
2) Compare Oliver Stone’s “Platoon” to Tony Scott’s “Top Gun,” which was released the same year. What are the different messages each film sets out tell audiences about war and the military? Why do you think each filmmaker took such a vastly different approach? Research both films and filmmakers to come up with a solid thesis and use specific evidence (description of scenes from the movies) to back up your thesis. Be sure to include a discussion of our views of war post-Vietnam and how propaganda is used to recruit for the military.
3) Discuss the Femme Fatale in film noir using “Double Indemnity” as a case study. Find and use at least 2 other secondary sources about the femme fatale and discuss the history of this figure as I covered in lecture.
4) Discuss how John Ford’s “Stagecoach” shows us the idea of ‘manifest destiny’ in action. Comment on character types and how the western genre has created a certain rugged, gun-toting individualism that sticks with us to this day. Be sure to also discuss the difference between the actual old west (1860-1890) versus that shown in films. Find 2 secondary sources minimum.
5) Contrast Steven Spielberg’s “Close Encounters” with a science fiction film wherein aliens are our enemies. Reference your textbook and other outside sources to discuss why so many science fiction films position visitors from outer space as aggressive rather than friendly. What are some of the characteristics of friendly aliens versus aggressive ones? Do these characteristics remind you of anything earthbound (races, children, pets, insects, etc…)?
6) Discuss how Mike Nichol’s “The Graduate” reflects the political and social landscape of the late 1960s. What themes are prevalent in the film? Use specific examples and find 2 outside sources – one about the social landscape of the 1960s and one about the film itself.
7) Discuss the McCarthy hearings and how Woody Allen’s The Front illustrates what Hollywood talent (including screenwriters, actors, directors etc) went through if they were on the blacklist. Include historical background about the cold war, about America’s view of the spread of communism, and how the blacklist and HUAC were formed.
8) You may write on a topic of your own invention as long as it uses one of the films we viewed in class as your primary source and at least 2 secondary articles.
Why Work with CheggAnswers
At CheggAnswers.com, we boast of our quick turnaround that is facilitated by our experienced team of writers. We can handle both short and long deadlines, as per our clients’ requests. Quality work is the cornerstone of our service.
Our writers are qualified professionals who are well-versed with more than 80 subjects. We have achieved this milestone overtime because of our rigorous hiring process that filters professionals from average writers. We believe that exposing our customers to qualified writers is the starting point of delivering quality work.
Our writers submit papers that are written from scratch to uphold the much-needed originality when submitting your papers. Our references are mainly sourced from reputable databases such as Emerald Insight, Ebsco, and ProQuest. All papers follow the conventional styles of referencing that include APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and Vancouver.
24/7 Customer Support
The customer is king and as such, CheggAnswers.com has a committed support department that handles all concerns and clarifications from our clients. We encourage customers to contact us at any given time through our listed telephone, email, and text platforms.
Prompt Delivery & 100% Money Back Guarantee
Your work starts immediately after placing an order. Our writers are aware of our company policy that guarantees quality work to all our customers. For this reason, CheggAnswers strives to deliver assignments on time to avoid any delays that might compromise our relationship with clients.
Although we are confident in our writers, you are entitled to free revisions whenever need arises. However, we highly disregard customers who misuse this privilege.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We offer a wide range of services that are aligned with the customers’ needs and expectations. We have positioned ourselves strategically to become a one-stop-shop where customers can access all academic services under one roof.
Our main service is academic paper writing, which is handled by a pool of experienced writers who uphold the expected standards of writing. Over the years, we have delivered quality work to our clients because of our commitment to promote quality over quantity.
Whether you are about to Join College or you are a continuing student, CheggAnswers is there to help. Our competent professionals will solve all your writing problems. Personalization is key to scoring highly and satisfying the admission board’s expectations. We will help you achieve your academic goals.
Editing & Proofreading
Some of our clients prefer to write their essays and have a third-party like CheggAnswers proofread their work. We have a skilled team of editors who comb through your paper and make any amends to increase its overall appeal. For all your editing and proofreading needs, CheggAnswers is there to help.
At CheggAnswers, we offer an extensive revision support that works tirelessly to ensure that customer needs and expectations are met. We work closely with writers upon a customer’s revision request to ensure that we keep our promise of delivering quality work to all our clients.