Details: Prior to beginning work on this assignment visit the PubMed Central (Links to an external site.) web page. You may also consider reviewing the PubMed Central Quick Start Guide (Links to an external site.) and PubMed Tutorials (Links to an external site.) to help you navigate the resource more effectively.
For this assignment, you will start exploring the topic for your final project. Your final project will be a review of either a brain based disease or of a brain process. For example, you could do a review of the neuroscience behind schizophrenia or you could discuss the neuroscience behind vision. You may use your textbook as a guide to help you select a topic and obtain initial sources of information. Be sure to choose topics that are clearly brain-based and not those topics, such as addiction and abuse that have large social components. If you have questions about the suitability of your topic you should contact your instructor.
In your paper,
• Examine the neural structures involved in your topic.
• Describe the role each of the brain structures play in the disorder or process you have chosen.
The Topic Selection: Final Paper Part 1 paper
• Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style.
• Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
• Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
• Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
• Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
• Must document any information used from sources in APA Style.
• Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style.