Now that you have spent the last 7 weeks looking at community health from a fairly wide lens, think about your own community. Considering what you learned about the multidimensional nature of health and the major determinants of health, and in a in a post of a minimum 125 words, identify the greatest threat to the health of your community. Include in your answer how the issues impact you personally or may play a role in your future career. In other words, what is the biggest takeaway from this course?
This course is designed to assist students in recognizing and analyzing the interrelationships between individuals, population group, and communities in determining the health status of each. Students will explore the complex determinants of health and disease, the impact of economic, social, environmental and cultural concerns on community health status, and community organizations that help shape community health. Course content integrates concepts from behavioral, biological and natural sciences, with emphasis on epidemiology, to examine the history and foundation of community health.
1. At the end of this course, students will be able to discuss the principles and foundations of community health by: a. identifying various definitions of the term community b. describing the relationship between community health and population health c. discussing the multidimensional nature of health d. identifying the major determinants of health e. identifying serious health threats currently faced by the American public f. describing national, state and local agencies and services that play a role in protecting the health and well-being of our communities
2. At the end of this course, students will be able to articulate the core elements of epidemiology and their relationship to community health by: a. explaining the importance of epidemiology to community health b. explaining the use of commonly used standardized measures of health status. c. identifying the various classifications of diseases and health conditions d. comparing the leading causes of death historically and currently e. distinguishing between various types of epidemiological study designs f. explaining the differences between the three levels of prevention and intervention g. identifying valid and reliable sources of evidence based information for educational and professional use
3. At the end of this course, students will be able to explain the diverse health needs of various subgroups of the U. S. population by: a. identifying disparity factors that influence the health and well-being of minority populations of the U. S. b. describing health concerns of various subgroups of the U. S. population (i.e., mothers, infants, adolescents, young adults, adults, elders) c. discussing the relationship between cultural sensitivity and health and well-being d. identifying risk factors for mental illness or substance abuse e. describing personal and community consequences of alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use/abuse
Module 8 Vulnerable population
In a post of 100-125 words, summarize what you have learned in this class. Identify the most important concepts you learned and explain how you might be able to apply these in future courses or in your professional/work environment.
Course Description: Prerequisite:
This course offers a general framework to study vulnerable populations and a comprehensive overview of risk factors for vulnerability and consequences of health disparities in the United States. Students will learn about trends and patterns of disparity that impact health care access, quality of health care and health outcomes. Major Learning Outcomes:
1. The student will develop an understanding of vulnerability as related to populations and health, and the ability to identify and describe specific at-risk populations by: a. explaining vulnerable and medically underserved or at-risk populations. b. comparing and contrasting specific at risk populations. c. describing individual and community models of vulnerability. d. assessing risk factors associated with vulnerability. e. differentiating and comparing the variations in health, cultural norms, and health care practices among diverse cultural, racial, ethnic, age, and gender groups.
2. The student will evaluate why vulnerability factors exist and how risk factors can lead to inadequate health care access and poor health outcomes by: a. identifying determinants of vulnerability using a broad framework that includes both social and individual determinants. b. appraising the influence of social, cultural, political and economic factors on health, health care access and health outcomes. c. explaining community determinants and mechanisms of vulnerability. COURSE SYLLABUS HUS 3570 3 d. proposing the mechanisms whereby vulnerability influences health care access, quality, and health status. e. developing and describing the consequences associated with vulnerability of medically and underserved populations.
3. The student will evaluate the patterns of health disparity affecting various subpopulations in the United States by: a. describing and analyzing the patterns of health disparity affecting various racial/ethnic, gender, income and sexual orientation groups, including health indicators, rates of disease, and health-related behaviors. b. debating predisposing factors to vulnerability for selected subpopulations. c. accessing, synthesizing and reporting on current scholarly research related to health disparities and explaining how the findings could be used to guide services for vulnerable populations.
4. The student will explain the current strategies to serve vulnerable and underserved populations in the United States by: a. describing how vulnerability if fundamentally linked with national resources. b. evaluating federal, state, local and private initiatives to address disparities in health and health care access. c. comparing and contrasting the strengths and weaknesses of the current initiatives targeting health disparities in the United States. d. summarizing local strategies/initiatives targeting health disparities in their own community, and generalizing the findings with their peers. e. articulating the demand placed on medical care and related social and human services by vulnerable populations. f. discussing the Healthy People Conceptual Framework and Initiatives to reduce health disparities in the United States.
Why Work with CheggAnswers
At CheggAnswers.com, we boast of our quick turnaround that is facilitated by our experienced team of writers. We can handle both short and long deadlines, as per our clients’ requests. Quality work is the cornerstone of our service.
Our writers are qualified professionals who are well-versed with more than 80 subjects. We have achieved this milestone overtime because of our rigorous hiring process that filters professionals from average writers. We believe that exposing our customers to qualified writers is the starting point of delivering quality work.
Our writers submit papers that are written from scratch to uphold the much-needed originality when submitting your papers. Our references are mainly sourced from reputable databases such as Emerald Insight, Ebsco, and ProQuest. All papers follow the conventional styles of referencing that include APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and Vancouver.
24/7 Customer Support
The customer is king and as such, CheggAnswers.com has a committed support department that handles all concerns and clarifications from our clients. We encourage customers to contact us at any given time through our listed telephone, email, and text platforms.
Prompt Delivery & 100% Money Back Guarantee
Your work starts immediately after placing an order. Our writers are aware of our company policy that guarantees quality work to all our customers. For this reason, CheggAnswers strives to deliver assignments on time to avoid any delays that might compromise our relationship with clients.
Although we are confident in our writers, you are entitled to free revisions whenever need arises. However, we highly disregard customers who misuse this privilege.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We offer a wide range of services that are aligned with the customers’ needs and expectations. We have positioned ourselves strategically to become a one-stop-shop where customers can access all academic services under one roof.
Our main service is academic paper writing, which is handled by a pool of experienced writers who uphold the expected standards of writing. Over the years, we have delivered quality work to our clients because of our commitment to promote quality over quantity.
Whether you are about to Join College or you are a continuing student, CheggAnswers is there to help. Our competent professionals will solve all your writing problems. Personalization is key to scoring highly and satisfying the admission board’s expectations. We will help you achieve your academic goals.
Editing & Proofreading
Some of our clients prefer to write their essays and have a third-party like CheggAnswers proofread their work. We have a skilled team of editors who comb through your paper and make any amends to increase its overall appeal. For all your editing and proofreading needs, CheggAnswers is there to help.
At CheggAnswers, we offer an extensive revision support that works tirelessly to ensure that customer needs and expectations are met. We work closely with writers upon a customer’s revision request to ensure that we keep our promise of delivering quality work to all our clients.