Design a procedure for determining the rate of reaction with respect to hydrogen ion. Use a guideline
Part 1: Determination of Rate wrt thiosulfate ion:
1.Using the 250 mL beakers, collect about 150 mL of 0.100 mol/L thiosulfate solution. Using the 100 mL beaker, collect about 60 mL of hydrochloric acid.
2.Construct a data table showing the initial molar concentration of thiosulfate ion, the time required for the reaction, and 1/Δt. Making three replications of this experiment and taking the average time for reaction of these three trials.
3. Determine the volume of 0.200 mol/L HCl reactant required to have an initial concentration of 0.010 mol/L in a TOTAL volume of 40.0 mL. (Take dilution into account!!) Add this volume of HCl to each of the 50 mL beakers. Note these volumes, and calculate what volume of water must be added to each beaker to ensure the total volume will be 40.0 mL.
4. Determine the amount of 0.100 mol/L S2O3 2- solution needed to have initial concentrations of thiosulfate of 0.020, 0.040, 0.060, 0.080, and 0.095 mol/L in a TOTAL volume of 40 mL.
5.Add the volume of water needed for each beaker as calculated in step 4 (Take the volume of HCL already added into account!)
6. Ensure that the button of your 50 mL beakers is dry. Place the beaker onto the filter paper so that the “X” can be clearly seen when viewed from above.
7. Add the calculated volume of thiosulfate solution and start the stopwatch. Start with the most concentrated solution. One partner views the reaction from above while the other times the reaction. When the “X” is no longer CLEARLY visible, stop the watch and record the elapsed time (in seconds), and enter it into a data table. Then, calculate the value for 1/Δt.
Note: Exactly when the “X” is ‘no longer clearly visible’ is a judgment call. It is important that the SAME OBSERVER make this decision. In any event, you should not wait for any longer than 10 minutes (300 seconds) for a reaction to occur. In the event that no reaction has occurred within 10 minutes, record the time value as “>600s”.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for each of the other four beakers. When finished, dump the contents of the beaker into the waste container in the fumehood.
9. Repeat the experiment to get a total of three sets of data. Take the average values for Δt and 1/Δt.
10. Plot a graph of 1/Δt vs initial [S2O3 2-] and determine the order of the reaction. (Write
the second plot of 1/Δt vs [S2O3 2-])
Why Work with CheggAnswers
At CheggAnswers.com, we boast of our quick turnaround that is facilitated by our experienced team of writers. We can handle both short and long deadlines, as per our clients’ requests. Quality work is the cornerstone of our service.
Our writers are qualified professionals who are well-versed with more than 80 subjects. We have achieved this milestone overtime because of our rigorous hiring process that filters professionals from average writers. We believe that exposing our customers to qualified writers is the starting point of delivering quality work.
Our writers submit papers that are written from scratch to uphold the much-needed originality when submitting your papers. Our references are mainly sourced from reputable databases such as Emerald Insight, Ebsco, and ProQuest. All papers follow the conventional styles of referencing that include APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and Vancouver.
24/7 Customer Support
The customer is king and as such, CheggAnswers.com has a committed support department that handles all concerns and clarifications from our clients. We encourage customers to contact us at any given time through our listed telephone, email, and text platforms.
Prompt Delivery & 100% Money Back Guarantee
Your work starts immediately after placing an order. Our writers are aware of our company policy that guarantees quality work to all our customers. For this reason, CheggAnswers strives to deliver assignments on time to avoid any delays that might compromise our relationship with clients.
Although we are confident in our writers, you are entitled to free revisions whenever need arises. However, we highly disregard customers who misuse this privilege.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We offer a wide range of services that are aligned with the customers’ needs and expectations. We have positioned ourselves strategically to become a one-stop-shop where customers can access all academic services under one roof.
Our main service is academic paper writing, which is handled by a pool of experienced writers who uphold the expected standards of writing. Over the years, we have delivered quality work to our clients because of our commitment to promote quality over quantity.
Whether you are about to Join College or you are a continuing student, CheggAnswers is there to help. Our competent professionals will solve all your writing problems. Personalization is key to scoring highly and satisfying the admission board’s expectations. We will help you achieve your academic goals.
Editing & Proofreading
Some of our clients prefer to write their essays and have a third-party like CheggAnswers proofread their work. We have a skilled team of editors who comb through your paper and make any amends to increase its overall appeal. For all your editing and proofreading needs, CheggAnswers is there to help.
At CheggAnswers, we offer an extensive revision support that works tirelessly to ensure that customer needs and expectations are met. We work closely with writers upon a customer’s revision request to ensure that we keep our promise of delivering quality work to all our clients.