For this Assignment you need to follow this instructions to good full mark grade.
Pick one of the two movies last viewed–The Grand Illusion or Godfather 1–and a two page (600 word) essay on it, linking it to one or more of the readings that seem most relevant (your choice). You will answer the questions.
You may handle this following discussion in class, or you may want to pursue a specific question, such as: What turns Micheal Corleone into the monster he eventually becomes? And what does this mean, given the larger cultural-political issues of the Godfather (post-war capitalism, the shifts in American culture, etc.). Again, this is your choice.
Here is a list of some of the key themes we treated in The Grand Illusion and Godfather 1, to help you decide how to handle this.
1. The nature of an aristocratic caste or estate system versus modern democracy and “equality of conditions.”
2. What is the “grand illusion” of Renoir’s movie–is it the differences that divide human beings (national, ethnic, class, sexual), or is it the idea that we can dispense with these differences in a pacifist society of universal humanity? (Or both?)
3. How do the various differences dividing human beings play out in The Grand Illusion–national and class, first of all, any others, such as ethnic or gender?
4. How is the issue of “universal humanity” complicated by the fact that nation-states (like France and Germany) seem to correspond to the rise of democracy, while a humanity transcending national divisions is evinced precisely by the aristocratic (global?) elites (Rauffenstein and Boeldieu).
5. Three issues or conflicts are intimated in the opening scene of The Godfather:
a. The problem of America as an immigrant country–assimilation, integration, acceptance, and recognition (or the failure of these);
b. The problem of two social orders, traditional and modern, a family-based system held together by honor, respect, and loyalty versus a cold-calculating market system in which personal relations are subordinated to the bottom line, in the context of the American dream, paradise failed;
c. The shift of American culture from a more traditionally oriented one to post-War capitalism in the sense signified by Las Vegas.
6. These three may perhaps be summed up and epitomized by the rude awakening of Bonasero, who found paradise in America for his family and himself (keeping his distance from Don Corleone’s business) until his daughter was assaulted. Then he realized in the most brutal way the limits of assimilation and his lack of status and recognition as a Sicilian immigrant.
All these are meant to be helpful tips–you can use them as you see fit.
Please this will be 2 pages ( 600 words) essay.
Why Work with CheggAnswers
At CheggAnswers.com, we boast of our quick turnaround that is facilitated by our experienced team of writers. We can handle both short and long deadlines, as per our clients’ requests. Quality work is the cornerstone of our service.
Our writers are qualified professionals who are well-versed with more than 80 subjects. We have achieved this milestone overtime because of our rigorous hiring process that filters professionals from average writers. We believe that exposing our customers to qualified writers is the starting point of delivering quality work.
Our writers submit papers that are written from scratch to uphold the much-needed originality when submitting your papers. Our references are mainly sourced from reputable databases such as Emerald Insight, Ebsco, and ProQuest. All papers follow the conventional styles of referencing that include APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and Vancouver.
24/7 Customer Support
The customer is king and as such, CheggAnswers.com has a committed support department that handles all concerns and clarifications from our clients. We encourage customers to contact us at any given time through our listed telephone, email, and text platforms.
Prompt Delivery & 100% Money Back Guarantee
Your work starts immediately after placing an order. Our writers are aware of our company policy that guarantees quality work to all our customers. For this reason, CheggAnswers strives to deliver assignments on time to avoid any delays that might compromise our relationship with clients.
Although we are confident in our writers, you are entitled to free revisions whenever need arises. However, we highly disregard customers who misuse this privilege.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We offer a wide range of services that are aligned with the customers’ needs and expectations. We have positioned ourselves strategically to become a one-stop-shop where customers can access all academic services under one roof.
Our main service is academic paper writing, which is handled by a pool of experienced writers who uphold the expected standards of writing. Over the years, we have delivered quality work to our clients because of our commitment to promote quality over quantity.
Whether you are about to Join College or you are a continuing student, CheggAnswers is there to help. Our competent professionals will solve all your writing problems. Personalization is key to scoring highly and satisfying the admission board’s expectations. We will help you achieve your academic goals.
Editing & Proofreading
Some of our clients prefer to write their essays and have a third-party like CheggAnswers proofread their work. We have a skilled team of editors who comb through your paper and make any amends to increase its overall appeal. For all your editing and proofreading needs, CheggAnswers is there to help.
At CheggAnswers, we offer an extensive revision support that works tirelessly to ensure that customer needs and expectations are met. We work closely with writers upon a customer’s revision request to ensure that we keep our promise of delivering quality work to all our clients.